The largely unspoilt cruising grounds of Corsica are a perfect blend of French and Italian charm. The breathtakingly beautiful west coastline provides a stunning backdrop for any cruise with a surprisingly rugged mountainous and granite spears dropping dramatically into the sea. Visit the birth place of Napolean and capital of Corse du Sud, Ajaccio with its palm tree-lined waterfront and charming cobbled streets, stopping off to view the impressive collections of Renaissance art in the Musée Fesch.
On the southwest coast, the Gulf of Valinco boasts some of Corsica's prettiest beaches. Portigliolo is a huge arc of pure white sand, while Campomoro is more old-fashioned and boasts turquoise seas. A trio of stunning beaches lie further south; Palombaggia, Santa Giulia and Rondinara all form perfect crescent shaped stretches of sand. If you’re seeking some adrenaline filled adventure take a trek to the Col de Bavella, shadowed by the striking and magnificent Aiguilles de Bavella. The northern shore is home to an expanse of magnificent beaches, some of which are so deserted they are only accessible by yacht or mule.
Anchor in the deep bays alongside the charming fishing villages that line the idyllic coastlines, and explore fascinating monuments from the island’s eventful history along the way. Expect crystal-clear seas, ancient landscapes studded with vineyards and olive groves, sleepy villages and historical intrigue in abundance, a fantastic destination for families.
- Anchor at one of the beautiful west coast bays and beaches when the waters are calm and enjoy one of the many water sports on offer.
- Wake early and watch one of the amazing sunrises from the comfort of your yacht at Girolata bay, with a stunning vista of rugged hills ending in cliffs and gorges at the water’s edge.
- Enjoy some privacy on one of the beautiful isolated beaches in Santa Manza, offering protection from the wind and stunning wooded backdrops.
- Visit the small, shallow bay of San Ciprianu that offers wonderful diving and snorkelling sites and nearby islands ready to explore on waverunners or by tender.
- Take part in the Loro Piana Superyacht Regatta held every June around Porto Cervo.