Set like jagged jewels in the Mediterranean Sea, is the Costa Smerelda coastline. Stretching from Golfo Aranci to Baia, the waters offer exceptional sailing conditions and some of the best diving in the world with a medley of caves, wrecks and corals to choose from.
At the heart of the Costa Smeralda is the exclusive enclave of Porto Cervo, a shoreline sparkling with designer boutiques and exclusive restaurants. The surrounding coves offer some of the nicest anchorages in the Mediterranean, with warm waters and white sandy beaches.
With 60 islands and islets, the Maddalena Archipelago boasts some of the best beaches in the area, and provides ample snorkelling opportunities. Those wishing to leave the coastland and venture inland will find an ancient, rural Sardinia home to a rich mixture of architecture and culture, with medieval churches dotting the landscape.
Closer to Africa than its motherland, Italy, Sardinia exudes both tropical and European charm with forested mountains, citrus groves, emerald seas and medieval villages combine with five-star resorts – perfect for a charter itinerary.
- Cruise along the scenic coastline from Alghero marina, stopping off to descend more than 600 steps for a 45 minute tour of the fascinating caves of Neptune’s Grotto.
- Visit the La Maddalena Archpelago National Park, a geomarine protected area consisting of a group of islands situated in the north-east of the coast of Gallura.
- Explore the Cala Luna beach, south of Cala Gonone, boasting a crescent of white sand backed by high limestone cliffs.
- The magnificent superyachts heading for the glamorous Loro Piana Superyacht Regatta every June.
- Take part in the Loro Piana Superyacht Regatta held every June around Porto Cervo.