Caught between eastern and western worlds, Turkey not only straddles two continents, it straddles time itself.
The captivating Mediterranean and Aegean coastlines offer vast cruising potential, with a history that is quite literally carved into the landscape of scenically gnarled coastlines and sparkling waters. A place where Persian, Lycian, Carian and Roman influences abound, you can marvel at the ancient Temple of Apollo, relax on the stunning Cleopatra Beach, paraglide over lagoons and dine on gourmet seafood, it is a land of legends, leisure and increasingly, luxury.
Divide your time between ancient mosques and edgy street cafés in the vibrant city of Istanbul, before weaving your way through the vast maze of streets full of shops selling everything from traditional pottery to exquisite jewellery. Dive overboard into the incredible waters around Bodrum and head to shore to discover pretty beaches, forested coves and quaint fishing villages on a cruising vacation that offers all the diversity you could wish for. Bursting with relics from an ancient civilisation, the Turkish Riviera, often referred to as the Turquoise Coast, is dotted with idyllic fishing harbours, white washed buildings and pristine beaches surrounded by olive groves, rocky crags and pine woods. Enigmatic charm and sparkling waters make this gateway to the Orient a vast and wonderfully diverse cruising area.
- Spend the day swimming and windsurfing around the northern shores of Datça
- Plunge into the natural deep-water anchorage of Keçi Bükü for wonderful watersports
- Swim and snorkel in the calm waters surrounding Ekincik Liman
- Anchor in the tiny hidden coves at Kaputas
- Take the tender to the caves of Numara Adasi
- Swim near the breeding grounds of the loggerhead turtle en route to Ekincik Bay
- Bask in the warmth of the sun anchored in the huge forested bay of Selmiye Koyu
- Encounter Turkey’s very own ‘Dead Sea’ around the headline of Ancient Loryma
- The Nana Beach Club in Bodrum attracts yachties and locals.
- Early evening enjoy a cocktail at the chic Lola Beach Club before joining the beautiful people at the Kuba Bar, Helva or Yacht Club.
- Hire a helicopter to visit the ancient Turkish city of Ephesus.