Over recent years, Montenegro has emerged as a holiday hotspot and a popular yachting destination, largely thanks to its great beauty and charm – comparable to nearby Croatia but minus the crowds.
Boasting a reputation as one of the last unspoilt Mediterranean destinations, its rugged mountainous peaks, deep canyons, old winding towns, dramatic fjords and crystal clear waters draw in the glamorous elite.
Explore the historic walled towns of Stari Bar, Budva, Kotor and Herceg Novi, hemmed by limestone cliffs and home to beautiful churches and spectacular views. Originally a fortress and fishing village, the private island of Sveti Stefan dates back to the 1400’s but it was introduced to the international scene during the 1960’s when Hollywood elite and royalty, including Princess Margaret and Sophia Loren, holidayed there. It has now been restored to its former glory and sits in the Adriatic as the most iconic symbol of Montenegro, setting a captivating scene against the azure waters.
This compact region holds a unique combination of unspoilt natural beauty, abundant wildlife, fantastic climate and true sense of understated, authentic glamour.
- Take in the views aboard your yacht of the picturesque Porto Montenegro marina.
- Swim in the clear waters and soak up the sun on the white sand beaches of Budva.
- Take advantage of the watersports on offer on the many lakes set against the stunning forests and mountains.
- Enjoy the national tipple, Loza, whilst watching the sun set over the Kotor harbour.
- The Budva Music Festival in June where Montenegrin and European musicians perform at the biggest music festival in the south of the Adriatic.