C&NI charter yachts all excelled in our Antigua Yacht Show crew competition
As part of our pledge to recognise and reward crew excellence, Camper & Nicholsons launched our newest crew competition at the Antigua Charter Yacht Show in December: the C&NI Show Stars.
This innovative competition invited all visiting brokers to give feedback about which crew impressed them the most onboard our outstanding yachts exhibiting in the show: MY Icon, MY Hurricane Run and SY Icarus.
In addition to giving crew valuable recognition and feedback about the presentation of their yacht at the show, this competition also acts as a memory aid for brokers, encouraging them to think more about the tour they received and the yacht’s crew and features as they are asked to evaluate these at the end of their tour.
Visiting brokers were asked to score crew from 1-5 on the following criteria:
Quality of the tour: Covering depth of knowledge, enthusiasm, interesting features and a thoughtful and thorough tour plan.
Presentation of the yacht: This was an opportunity for the crew to shine with spectacular table settings, elegant room dressings, immaculate deck spaces, and any extra touches such as canapés, gifts and refreshments.
Presentation of the crew: Crew can make or break a charter, and a friendly, professional crew is worth its weight in gold.
The competition was very well received by visiting brokers, however there was a hitch. Everyone was so impressed with the C&NI yachts and crew that they tended to give the yachts 5 out of 5 stars, while some visitors even broke the rules completely and awarded up to 10 stars in each category!
Hand written accolades were added on several scorecards for Chief Officer Carlos Albons of MY Icon’s quality tours, SY Icarus for the incredible lunches they hosted and MY Hurricane Run for the great tours by Deckhand Sebastian Evans and Bosun Werner Van Loggerenberg as well as the beautiful presentation of the yacht.
This left us in a in a happy predicament: how to choose the winners when all three yachts received more than perfect scores? In the end, it was decided the fairest way to award the prizes was to put all the names of crew from our three yachts in a hat, with the winners drawn at our C&NI end of show crew party, held at Club Sushi on the deck overlooking Falmouth harbour.
The winners were:
• Captain Barry Duck, SY Icarus : iPad mini from Global Marine Communications
• Ib Sondergaard, Chief Engineer MY Hurricane Run : 160 USD Ondeck training voucher
• James Mustard, Sous Chef MY Hurricane Run : 2 night stay in an Antigua Yacht Club Marina Resort luxury sea view apartment
• Johnny Howe, Deckhand MY Icon : 120 US Antigua Yacht Club Marina Resort Spa voucher
• Jacques Stander, Chief Officer MY Hurricane Run : 2 hour kitesurfing lesson from 40 knots
• Captain Emile Coetzee, MY Hurricane Run : Deckers Soft Shell Gilet
• Sara Connaway, Stewardess MY Hurricane Run : Swedish Massage at the Powder Room Spa
• Bianca Singh, Stewardess MY Icon : a beautiful sarong from Portobello on the Dinghy Dock
The Antigua Show Stars competition was a great way to kick off the official C&NI Crew Stars award program that runs from December to September annually, and which is open to all yachts and crew in the Camper & Nicholsons managed and charter fleets – click here for more information and to find out how you can participate and vote for your favourite crew to win.