Camper and Nicholsons
English

Market Intelligence

24th Jul 2013

Camper & Nicholsons bring you a detailed six month overview of the latest superyacht market intelligence.

The first six months of the year started out well with a 37% increase on the first half of 2012, representing sales of approximately 200 yachts and an asking price value similar to that of last year of an excess of USD 1.1 billion.

For yachts sold under 30m during the first and second quarters, the figures represented 47%, with 31% of yachts sold in the 30-40m category, 15% of yachts sold between 40-50m and the remaining 7% of yachts sold in the 50m+ category. This reflects a very slight increase in the 40m+ market taking business from the 30-40m size range, whilst for the 24-30m it remains the same as in 2012.

During the first half of the year, the motor yachts sold represented 91% of the business, of which 31% were over 10 years old and 26% were up to 5 years old. For sailing yachts sold, the figure represents approximately 20% of the number of yachts sold since the beginning of the year. The sailing yachts that were above 10 years old represented 84% and the remaining 16% were between 5-10 years old.

The top four builders to have sold the most yachts this month were Trinity Yachts, Sanlorenzo, Ferretti Yachts and Azimut.

Having never been on the market previously, June marked an important month with a new impressive 122m yacht joining the sales fleet for the very first time. A 50m Trinity built in 2007, a 46m Arno Leopard and 35m Benetti were also welcomed.  June can be said to have been a quieter month for listing a new yacht for sale when compared with previous months but this can be explained by the fact that the season has only just really started and that the owners are now either using their yacht or they are taken for charters.

Should you require any further, more precise information on any of the above figures along with more details on the impressive list of yachts we currently have for sale, please do not hesitate to contact your Camper & Nicholsons broker here.

by Camper Nicholsons

More Our News

June marked an important month with a new impressive 122m yacht joining the sales fleet for the very first time