North of the warm and glittering shores of the Western Mediterranean are the increasingly popular cruising grounds of the Baltic Sea, an inland sea bordered by Sweden, Finland, Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Germany and Denmark.
Ideal for unique and tranquil charters, the lands of the Baltic are as remote as you could wish for and have long been regarded as one of the most unspoilt destinations in Europe. Cruise along the enchanting coastlines of Norway and Iceland, through the archipelagos and inland waterways of Denmark and Sweden and across the Baltic Sea to the fairy tale fishing villages of Finland. From mid-June to mid-July there are endless days in the lands of the ‘Midnight Sun’, punctuated by just a few hours of darkness.
Boasting dramatic coastlines and connecting some of the most important and culturally and historically rich cities in the world, The Baltic Sea encapsulates one of the all-time great cruising grounds in the Stockholm Archipelago, a chain of 30,000 islands extending east of Stockholm. Vast wilderness, cooling sea breezes, sandy beaches and fantastic cuisine form part of an unforgettable cruising vacation. The dramatic fjords and tranquil islets of the Norwegian coastline draw many charterers to the area. From Bergen, cruise along Norway’s western coastline with stops in Florø, Måløy and Ålesund, before making the detour into striking Geirangerfjord, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and then continuing via Molde, Kristiansund and Rovik to Trondheim. For the truly adventurous, a charter through the cruising grounds of Iceland offers spectacular scenery. The coastline is dotted with glaciers and ice caps and is home to plenty of wildlife.
- Enjoy stunning views of the picture-postcard setting in Hamburg harbour.
- Eat breakfast in one of the charming bistros that line the waterfront of Copenhagen.
- Take in the spectacular panoramic views of the impressive coastlines from the comfort of your superyacht.
- Anchor off one of the secluded bays in Finland and watch the sun set over the calm waters.
- Cruise through the waters of the Baltic between mid-June to mid-July when endless days in the lands of the ‘Midnight Sun’ are punctuated by just a few hours of darkness.
- The truly spectacular natural phenomenon that is the Northern Lights.