Experienced Retail Charter Broker
Current openings are in London, Monaco, Fort Lauderdale and in our Miami offices
The objective of the Retail Charter Broker is to develop a portfolio of charter clients and provide optimum quality of service in order to maximise the potential for repeat business. Whilst the job is based in one of the Camper & Nicholsons offices, business is international and clients come from all countries, at any time.
Senior Charter Broker, CEO
Difficulties and constraints of the position:
To be constantly self-motivated, with the capacity to be available 24/7 to deal with client requests, before and during charters – as earnings very much depend on personal sales results.
- Be available anytime to respond to client enquiries.
- Generate satisfying levels of personal charter sales, as per objectives set regularly.
- Generate a satisfying conversion rate to turn enquiries into actual business.
- Collaborate with the other members of the team in order to manage their clients if and when required.
- Provide accurate and well informed selection of yachts for charter to clients.
- Provide accurate and well informed information on cruising destinations.
- Provide expert advice on charter yachts and activities around cruising grounds.
- Provide rapid and excellent service, treating clients with utmost respect.
- Provide rapid and effective response to any issue arising during charters.
- Keep communication constant with all relevant central agents, and develop quality relationships with them, so as to remain up to date on the evolution of the charter fleet and benefit from offers available.
- Develop one’s own network of clients in order to grow business.
- Prepare presentations for prospective clients using modern commercial, marketing and communication tools.
- Perform effectively in client meetings when pitching for business.
- Develop relationships with C&N Sales Brokers and other C&N business divisions in order to maximise internal business potential.
- Self-motivated, and highly organized.
- Capacity to handle multiple clients, contracts and enquiries at once.
- Capacity to develop a network of prospective clients.
- Capacity to negotiate and close deals.
- Capacity to develop strong professional relationships with / retain clients.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- In depth knowledge of the charter fleet of superyachts.
- In depth knowledge of industry standard business practices and ethics.
- In depth knowledge of operations onboard charter yachts.
- In depth knowledge of luxury lifestyles, services and products.
- Basic knowledge of charter regulations, including tax and flag matters.
- Basic technical knowledge of yachts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, possibly multi-lingual.
- Excellent knowledge of MS software, use of PCs and the Internet environment.
- Experience at sea, possibly working on charter yachts.
- And/or experience in high-end products & services (e.g. luxury tourism).
- And/or experience with UHNWI in service industries (e.g. private banking).
- Qualifications in sales techniques.
- Qualifications in the tourism industry.
- Wide travel experience, especially to cruising destinations.